The Whatcom Museum announces an exciting new event, Contemporary Craft 2017: Artwear | Craftware, where 60 artists who create originally designed clothing, jewelry, glass, ceramics, wood, sculpture and mixed media will display and sell their work in the Museum’s Lightcatcher building. This three-day event on September 22-24, 2017, is the first of its kind for Whatcom County.
The Whatcom Museum Foundation and the Whatcom Museum Advocates are delighted to host a brand new event:
Contemporary Craft 2017: ARTWEAR | CRAFTWARE
September 22-24, 2017.
The show brings 60 artists from across the region to show and sell their outstanding, unique handmade work in the Lightcatcher building of the museum’s campus in Bellingham WA.
Works of the highest quality will be on view in the categories of clothing, jewelry, glass, ceramics, wood, sculpture and mixed media.
The Whatcom Museum is a Smithsonian Affiliate, therefore it proudly uses as a model the Smithsonian Craft Show, the most prestigious event of its kind in the United States.
The three day affair has several components:
- A celebratory party opening the show on Friday evening
- Two days of shopping for the public on Saturday and Sunday
- Luncheon with informal modeling at Ciao Thyme restaurant on Saturday
- Raffle for chances to win artworks and wonderful experiences
- Online auction starting a week before the show
- Juried Gallery in Old City Hall displaying the unique juried pieces
Mark your calendars for this exciting and inspiring event. In the meantime, visit the Whatcom Museum to see compelling exhibits and take part in wonderful educational programs for children and adults.